The Minister of Finance, Economic Affairs and Culture of Aruba, H.E. Xiomara Ruiz-Maduro would like to extend an invitation to be part of this dialogue in Oranjestad, Aruba on Thursday, September 20, 2018 for the ESER Regional Conference on Creating Social Space for Entrepreneurship: Emerging Trends towards a Sustainable Economic Development, in collaboration with the European Commission Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs Directorate General. This event will be organized as part of the project of “European Social Economy Regions 2018”. The Department of Economic Affairs, Commerce and Industry of Aruba, in particular the Business Support Organization of Aruba, Idea will support the organization of the regional event in Aruba.
For Aruba it is an honor to host the ESER Regional Event in September 2018. The concept of Social Economy supports Aruba’s SDG strategy for 2030 on smart, sustainable and inclusive growth. It also fits into the vision of the Government of Aruba to “place the human being in a central position”.
The ESER Regional Event will discuss specific legal forms that support a social economy, f.e. cooperative, mutual, association and foundations, encourage new and mixed organizational forms, discuss social innovation and ways to move forward.
Specific objectives for the event:
- Provide the space for innovative ideas in new forms of organization and interaction between public sector, civil society organizations, private enterprises and citizens;
- Support the process of social economy in Aruba;
- Trigger the interest and motivation for a process of social economy in other OCTs;
- Promote practical knowledge among entrepreneurs and other stakeholders on the concept of social entrepreneurship and social innovation;
- Provide the space to promote the exchange of ideas among, entrepreneurs, public sector, civil society organizations citizens; - Provide the space to promote the exchange of ideas among OCTs;
- Motivate the European Union to embrace a regional process to develop a social economy in the Caribbean OCTs.
This event will bring together regional and local stakeholders, SMEs, Social Economy Enterprises, Social Innovators and Policy-makers.
We look forward to your participation in this upcoming event.